Textbook Coordination Service for Non-Public Schools
Through Questar III’s textbook coordination service for non-public schools, more than 1,500 students are served. The information below covers the responsibility of the non-public schools and parents. Please read carefully.
By pooling all our resources for the public school districts of Rensselaer, Columbia, and Greene Counties, Questar III’s non-public textbook loan program is efficient and a cost-effective way for public school districts to purchase and lend textbooks to those students attending non-public schools according to section 701 of the Education Law. The Questar III Textbook Loan Program provides the following services:
- Collect all student applications for textbooks
- Distribute and collect all loaned textbooks for several convenient sites
- Purchase lower-cost used textbooks first
- Utilizes NYS contract pricing
- Order in bulk, for minimal shipping charges
- Maintain district inventory
- Collect fees for damaged or non-return textbooks
- Encourages non-public schools to retain titles for the minimum 5 year period, to avoid costly replacements
- Ensure appropriate documentation of students requesting second sets of textbooks
- Provides all necessary communication with students, parents, public schools, and non-public schools
Textbook Program Return
1070 Route 9, Castleton, NY 12033
Phone: 518-479-6985 / 518-479-6986
March 1st - October 31st:
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. -4:30 p.m.
Summer Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
November - February:
By Appointment Only
*please call 479-6986 or 479-6985 to schedule
Extended Hours: End of June, please check back regularly for an updated schedule under the Calendar of Events section