Career Pathways Summer Camps
Students must be nominated by their school. Enrollment may be limited to one student per district and may be selected per lottery by district should the number of applicants exceed the number of spots available.
High School camps are free. Middle School Camp Innov@tion has a cost which is noted below.
Tech Valley High School invites current 6th and 7th grade students to apply for a week-long summer camp that replicates its unique Project-Based Learning model. Over the course of the week, students will engage in innovative collaborative projects around a real-world problem faced by one of our business partners. Students will work in groups to create solutions and present them on the last day of camp.
The daily program is based out of Tech Valley High School and will include off-site fieldwork opportunities for students as they explore innovation in our region. The Technology Week focuses on emerging technologies in the area and the Biomedical Week explores topics related to health sciences.
For students entering grades 7-8 in the fall. Cost: $100, scholarships available
- Energy Innovations Week at Camp Innov@tion – July 12-16, 2021, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Biomedical Innovations Week at Camp Innov@tion – July 19-23, 2021, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Camp Innov@tion is full for summer 2021. If you would like to add your name to the waiting list, please contact Camp Director Sarah Fiess at email@example.com
Career Pathways Summer Camps are supported by
- Capital Region BOCES
- Hudson Valley Community College – TEC SMART
- National Grid
- New York State United Teachers
- Nuts, Bolts, & Thingamajigs – Foundation for the Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, Intl.
- Questar III
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Schenectady County Community College
- School of Public Health, University at Albany
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
- SEMI Foundation
- Tech Valley High School