State Aid and Financial Planning
Questar III’s State Aid and Financial Planning Service has assisted school districts and BOCES negotiate their way through the complex world of school finance for the last 40 years.
Our expert staff provide the following services:
- Call Center – Specialists are available to answer questions on all aspects of state aid and other business office related topics.
- State Aid Projections – Specialists help complete state aid claim forms and maintain a statewide database to project state aid under various proposals (Governor, Regents, Legislature, Present Law).
- Biannual Workshops – Specialists present two sets of regional workshops yearly, at twelve locations across the state. Workshops cover a variety of topics including the state budget and other aid-related updates.
- Presentations: Staff regularly presents at local and state meetings and conferences (as requested).
- Resources – We provide a variety of guidance materials to assist you in your daily business operations. Materials include guidebooks, spreadsheets and templates.
- Listserv – The service provides listservs for school business, BOCES and special education offices.
- Monthly Webinars – Specialists present monthly ‘Coffee Talk’ and ‘STAC Talk’ webinars covering month-specific topics through Adobe Connect Web Conference (quarterly ‘BO-Talks’). There is no registration or fee. Recorded webinar sessions are available on our webinar page.
- State Aid and Business Office Training Service – Specialists guide new business officials through the fundamentals of State Aid as well as a variety of other school business related topics.
- Individual District Consultation – Staff consult with individual districts to review state aid and reporting procedures, as well as “what if” scenarios, per request.