Board of Education
Like public school systems, BOCES are governed by a policy-making board of education. The 11 members of the Questar III board serve three-year terms and are elected by component boards from Rensselaer, Columbia, and Greene counties through a special vote held each April. BOCES Board members represent and are accountable to our component school boards. The duties and responsibilities of the Board members include:
- Appointing BOCES district superintendents (subject to the approval of the Commissioner of Education)
- Setting policies for the organization and plans for the future
- Providing shared services and programs to component districts
- Employing teachers and staff to deliver programs and services
- Preparing an annual BOCES budget and overseeing spending
BOCES-Wide School Safety Policy & Code of Conduct 2022
The Board of Cooperative Education Services, Rensselaer-Columbia-Greene Counties is considering amendments to the BOCES-Wide School Safety Policy and Code of Conduct and will accept written comments on proposed amendments from June 6, 2022 through July 6, 2022.
Written comments must be sent to the attention of the Questar III Chief Emergency Officer, Craig Hansen at email@example.com, or at 10 Empire State Boulevard, Castleton, New York 12033.