Board of Education
Like public school systems, BOCES are governed by a policy-making board of education. The 11 members of the Questar III board serve three-year terms and are elected by component boards from Rensselaer, Columbia, and Greene counties through a special vote held each April. BOCES Board members represent and are accountable to our component school boards. The duties and responsibilities of the Board members include:
- Appointing BOCES district superintendents (subject to the approval of the Commissioner of Education)
- Setting policies for the organization and plans for the future
- Providing shared services and programs to component districts
- Employing teachers and staff to deliver programs and services
- Preparing an annual BOCES budget and overseeing spending
2021-22 Annual Meeting – Wednesday, April 14, 2021
The Annual Meeting of the Board of Cooperative Educational Services, Sole Supervisory District of Rensselaer, Columbia and Greene Counties, will be held on Wednesday, April 14, 2021 starting at 6:00 p.m. at the Questar III Administrative Building Conference Center located at 10 Empire State Blvd., Castleton, New York if possible or via Zoom at a link to be provided at a later date due to the current pandemic status.
We look forward to having you join us for this important meeting on April 14. More information regarding the status of this meeting’s details will be shared closer to the date of the meeting as the protocols for the pandemic event are clarified at this time.