Board of Education
If there is reason to reschedule prior to the December 13th Board Appreciation Dinner Meeting, notification will be sent.
Like public school systems, BOCES are governed by a policy-making board of education. The 11 members of the Questar III board serve three-year terms and are elected by component boards from Rensselaer, Columbia, and Greene counties through a special vote held each April. BOCES Board members represent and are accountable to our component school boards. The duties and responsibilities of the Board members include:
- Appointing BOCES district superintendents (subject to the approval of the Commissioner of Education)
- Setting policies for the organization and plans for the future
- Providing shared services and programs to component districts
- Employing teachers and staff to deliver programs and services
- Preparing an annual BOCES budget and overseeing spending