STEAMing Towards Success: Building a Workforce for the 21st Century
Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics Conference
November 14, 2019
Red Lion Inn, 205 Wolf Road, Albany
Questar III BOCES, Capital Region BOCES, and Washington-Saratoga-Warren-Hamilton-Essex (WSWHE) BOCES welcome you to a day of collaboration, exploration, and discovery. The partnership between education and business is a critical component of meeting the demands of the future STEAM workforce while providing our students with the knowledge and tools enabling them to take advantage of the wide range of STEAM opportunities that await them as they graduate from high school.
The goal of STEAMing Toward Success is to bring together secondary educators, professionals from higher education and business to provide a variety of experiences that will enhance the education-business partnership to benefit our students. We hope you have a valuable and enjoyable day! View or download the program guide here.
8:00 – 8:45 a.m. – Registration, Continental Breakfast
9:00 – 9:45 a.m. – Welcome & Conference Overview
- Dr. Gladys I. Cruz, District Superintendent, Questar III BOCES
Keynote Speaker – STEM 2025: The View From Higher Education
- Dr. Anthony Collins, President, Clarkson University
10:00 – 11:00 a.m. – Project STEAM I
- Workshop Selections 1-13 (see program guide).
11:15 – 12:15 p.m. – Project STEAM Session II
- Workshop Selections 14-18 (see program guide)
12:15 – 1:00 p.m. – Lunch and Vendor Visits
1:00 – 2:15 p.m. – Panel: College Pathways & Workforce Opportunities in STEAM
- Dr. Marion Terenzio, President, SUNY Cobleskill
- Dr. Kristine Duffy, President, SUNY Adirondack
- Matthew Grattan, Director of Community and Economic Developing, University at Albany
- Dr. Carol H. Kim, Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, University at Albany
- Kris Nolan-Parker, Associate Dean, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Dr. Roger Ramsammy, President, Hudson Valley Community College
2:15 – 3:15 p.m. – Project STEAM Session III
- Workshop Selections 19-30 (see program guide)
3:15 – 4:00 p.m. – STEM Hub – Capital Region Update
- Laura Lehtonen, Capital Region BOCES
RAFFLES – Visit the STEAMBus!
4:15 – 5:15 p.m. – Honor Reception: Questar III STEM Research Institute