Welcome to Questar III’s Home Instruction Services. This service is designed to support school districts and district residents who choose to instruct their children at home, in meeting the New York State Education Commissioners regulations for Home Instruction Part 100.10.
Questar III works with several districts (Cairo-Durham, Germantown, Greenville, Hoosick Falls, Middleburgh, New Lebanon and Wynantskill) in supporting students who are being schooled at home, accepting Letters of Intent, reviewing Individualized Home Instruction Plans (IHIP’s), Quarterly Reports and Annual Assessments as well as serving as a liaison between the District and homeschooling parents.
- Forms, Documentation, Deadlines
- Assessment Information
- Home School Curriculum Resources
- Parent Resources
If you intend to home school your child(ren) and you are located within the participating districts above, please send two Letters of Intent within 14 days of commencing home instruction:
- one to your local school district and
- one to Kim Inglee, Home Instruction Services, Questar III, 10 Empire State Blvd, Castleton, NY 12033
This will ensure timely processing of your documentation. Ideally, you should consider reading all of the documents to the right prior to submitting a Letter of Intent. At minimum, you will want to read the Part 100.10 regulations and the Home Instruction IHIP form.
Students with Disabilities:
- Students who have an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) written by the Committee on Special Education, should send a copy to Questar Home Instruction Services for the files.
- If you would like your student assessed by the Committee on Special Education, contact your local district or Questar III’s Home Instruction Services by e-mail at email@example.com
Home Instruction Services
Contact: Kim Inglee
NYS Regulations and Information
- Home Instruction Page - NYSED
- Special Education Regulations
- Office of Bilingual Education and World Languages Regulations
- Home School Resource Document
- Questions and Answers
Home Instruction Documents:
The following documents are provided for your convenience. Required documents are indicated below. You may choose to use an alternate format for these documents if you prefer, provided all components listed within the Part 100.10 regulations are included.
* Required documents