Helping districts move to a digital learning environment
The educational experts at Questar III BOCES and Classbook’s Open Room Advisory service have partnered to help guide districts through the process of moving from paper and pencil to a digital learning environment. We are currently piloting a tablet project in Schodack CSD, Coxsackie-Athens CSD, and in select Questar III Career and Technical Education (CTE) and Special Education programs.
How the pilot program works
- Based on the success of an initial pilot program with Schodack CSD and Classbook, Questar III has expanded the program to include Coxsackie-Athens CSD and in select Questar III Career and Technical Education (CTE) and Special Education programs.
- Open Room advisors met with teachers and administrators to determine the needs and gaps in moving from a paper to a digital learning environment. The advisors developed strategic plans to assist in proper implementation.
- Districts purchased devices through Questar III BOCES.
- Questar III and Open Room advisors provide ongoing support and professional development for teachers.
- Teachers and administrators are reporting increased student engagement and organization, and students are excited to come to school.
- Students gain skills needed to be successful in college and careers.
- Increased student-teacher interaction.
To learn more, including how students use the devices, please read “Questar III launches tablet pilot program.”
More information is also available by viewing Questar III and Classbook’s presentation from the 2014 NYSSBA Conference.
ClassBook is the education industry leader in online print textbook and eBook stores. Their Open Room Advisory service helps administrators build a digital learning environment that fits the needs of students, parents and teachers. Open Room consultants assess the needs of schools and create strategic plans for modernizing their curriculum and for implementing the right technology solutions to enhance their learning environment.