- Common Core Learning Standards
- Parent-Family Library
- Parent Roadmaps
- Students With Special Needs
Publishers of Curriculum Materials
- A Beka, Pensacola Christian College, Box 18000, Pensacola, FL 23523
- American School 850 East 58th Street, Chicago, IL 60637, 1-800-531-9268
- Amplified Online – online curriculum, books, time-line
- Christian Liberty Academy, 502 W. Euclid Ave, Arlington Heights, IL 60004
- Christian Light Publ. Inc., P.O. Box 1126, Harrisonburg, VA 22801-1126
- Clonlara School, 1289 Jewett, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Common Sense Press-Learning Language Arts Through Literature
- Edmentum Online Resources
- Florida Virtual School
- Hewitt Research Foundation, PO Box 9, Washougal, WA 98671
- Holt Associates, 2269 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02140
- Home Centered Learning, PO Box 92, Escondido, CA 92025
- Home Education Press, PO Box 1083, Tonasket, WA 98855
- Home Run Enterprises, 12531 Aristocrat Avenue, Garden Grove, CA 92641
- Home School Reviews
- Home Study International, 12501 Old Columbia Pike, Silver Spring, MD 20904
- Houton Mifflin Harcort
- ICS Newport /Pacific HS, Oak Street & Pawnee Ave., Scranton, PA 18515
- KONOS, PO Box 1534, Richardson, TX75083
- McGuffey Academy, 100 East Huron Street, Milford, MI 48042
- Oak Meadow, PO Box 712, Blackburg, VA 24063
- Ordinary Parents Guide to Reading
- Reading Ark, 1331 Clover Lane, Feasterville, PA 19074
- Seton School, PO Box 396, Front Royal, VA 22630
Please note that these are only suggestions, not recommendations. You are responsible for reviewing materials. Some of these lists have religious affiliations and others are non-sectarian.
- Capital District Home Educators
- Global Student Network
- LEAH-Loving Education at Home
- Unschooling National Home Page
- Value Laden Education
- Berkshire County Homeschoolers Yahoo Group (near Hoosick Falls)
- Living Room Learners Yahoo Group (near Greenville and Catskill)
- Contact for Albany/Adirondack area: Chuck and Diane Phippen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Websites Suggested by Local Home School Parents
- Federal Resources for Educational Excellence (FREE) Resources: historical documents, lesson plans, science visualizations, math simulations and online challenges, paintings, photos, mapping tools, and more from federal organizations such as the Library of Congress, National Archives, NEH, National Gallery of Art, National Park Service, Smithsonian, NSF, and NASA.
- Fire Safety: includes a variety of online resources for fire safety instruction.
- Kinderart: this is a commercial site, but much of the information is useful and free.
- SAS Curriculum Pathways: interactive standards-based resources for grades 6-12 in English language arts, science, social studies, mathematics and Spanish. Free to students and educators in traditional, virtual and home schools.
- Thinkfinity: offers comprehensive teaching and learning resources that are grade-specific and aligned with state standards.
- Video in Teaching and Learning (VITAL) for NYS Teachers: offers thousands of standards-based pre-K-12 media resources, support materials, and self-paced lessons.