Forms, Documentation, Deadlines
Questar III’s Home Instruction Services serves multiple school districts. To ensure that your paperwork is properly accounted for and filed, please put the following information on every piece of paperwork that you send in:
- Student’s name, grade, address, phone number
- School district in which you reside
- Parent’s’ or guardian’s name(s), email(s)
- Type of paperwork: Letter of Intent, IHIP, First Quarterly Report, etc.
You are responsible for keeping copies of ALL paperwork sent to this office.
Mandatory Documents and Due Dates
- Letters of Intent: Due on July 1 or within two weeks of commencing home instruction. Please send one copy to your school district and one copy to Questar III. The letter of intent must include:
- Your name and address
- Your child’s name (first, middle, and last)
- Grade the instruction will take place
- Timeframe for instruction (example – September 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017).
- Individualized Home Instruction Plans (IHIPs): due within four weeks of the receipt of the Letter of Intent
- Quarterly Reports: due on the dates stated on the IHIP.
- Year-End Assessments and Standardized Test Results: due with the fourth quarterly report or immediately after receiving the test results.
Please contact Kim Inglee at 518.479.6954 or email@example.com if your paperwork will be late.
Submitting Reports via email
- When emailing reports please include your child’s last name and the school district in which the child resides in the subject line as it will help with maintaining records.
- E-mail Letter of Intent, IHIP, Quarterly Reports, and Year-End Narrative Assessments, and these reports will be confirmed receipt via email. Please save documents in MS Word, PDF, or other compatible file format.
- You will be emailed a response as soon as your report is read, usually within a week to 10 days.
- Please check to be sure your e-mail was transmitted. If you do not receive an email confirmation within two weeks, contact Kim Inglee at 518.479.6954 or Homeschool@questar.org.
- If you would like a written record stating that we have received your report, you may print out the email confirming transmittal.
- If your child is 6 years old on or before Dec. 1, 2016, you must notify your school of your intent to Home Instruct.
- If your child is 16 years old on or after July 1, 2017 you must notify your school of your intent to Home Instruct him/her for the entire school year.