Below is a list of commonly asked questions at Questar III BOCES.
Still have a question? Please contact us at 518-477-8771 or email@example.com.
Apply for certification
Questar III BOCES is authorized by the New York State Education Department to evaluate and recommend certification for areas related to professional services. For more information or assistance, please contact Denise Geyer at (518) 479-6883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Much of the information requested by those who contact Questar III is available online at www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert. The State Education Department and the BOCES Regional Certification Office will NOT provide informal evaluations.
For more information, please visit the certification page.
Apply for a job
For more information on instructional, non-instructional and substitute openings at Questar III, please visit our employment page.
Questar III is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Attend a workshop or training
Questar III offers trainings and workshops on a wide variety of topics including instructional strategies, learning standards, safety issues and state aid/financial planning.
Please register online for all Questar III School Improvement workshops and trainings through MyLearningPlan.
Districts looking to attend State Aid & Financial Planning workshops should visit http://sap.questar.org/workshops.php.
Districts should refer to registration materials for specific information on other program offerings.
Contact the Help Desk
Questar III staff should contact the Help Desk at email@example.com or 518-479-6835 with all technology-related trouble calls, questions, inquiries and requests.
Do business with Questar III
Interesting in bidding, surplus or RFP/contract information? Please contact Purchasing Agent Julie Best at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Adults – please contact Christine Perry at (518) 273-2264 or email@example.com
- Career and technical education (CTE) – please speak with your parent/guardian and school counselor. More information on how to enroll is available at our enrollment page.
- New Visions – please speak with your parent/guardian and school counselor. More information on how to apply is available on the New Visions page.
- Pre-Kindergarten – please contact your home school district about the availability of pre-kindergarten programs.
- Special education – please contact your school district’s Committee on Special Education (CSE). Children are placed in Questar III BOCES special education programs at the direction of the CSE.
- Tech Valley High School® – please visit http://techvalleyhigh.org/Admissions_and_FAQ.html for more information.
- Directions to Questar III sites…
- Directions to school districts in Rensselaer, Columbia, Greene counties…
Coaches, sports officials and those seeking state certification should complete this form and call 518-479-6901 to schedule an appointment. Fingerprinting is done by appointment on Wednesdays from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Please bring a valid photo ID and required payment.
School district staff should contact their district/business office for more information on how to complete fingerprinting in accordance with the New York State SAVE legislation.
Purchase a service
School districts looking to amend services must make a written request to Lynn MacDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to services and programs being provided. A new web-based system will be rolled out in the coming months.
Questar III serves more than 1,500 private and parochial students through Questar III’s textbook coordination service for non-public schools. Please visit our textbook page to learn more about when, where and how to return books in June.
Review the BOCES budget
For more information on Questar III’s budget, please download the budget document found at our publications page.
Questar III BOCES serves 23 school districts in Rensselaer, Columbia and Greene counties (and hundreds of other districts across the state) by providing cost-effective shared services.
From special education and career training for students to professional development , Questar III is committed to meeting the needs of its districts and students.