Board of Education
Like public school systems, BOCES are governed by a policy-making board of education. The 11 members of the Questar III board serve three-year terms and are elected by component boards from Rensselaer, Columbia and Greene counties through a special vote held each April.
BOCES Board members represent and are accountable to our component school boards. The duties and responsibilities of the Board members include:
- Appointing BOCES district superintendents (subject to the approval of the Commissioner of Education
- Setting policies for the organization and plans for the future
- Provided shared services and programs to component school districts
- Employing teachers and staff to delivery programs and services
- Preparing an annual BOCES budget and overseeing spending
The BOCES District Superintendent works closely with the members of the board to implement state laws and board policies and directions.
Meet the Board
Did you know?
Questar III board members either serve or have served on local district boards and collectively have rendered more than 250 years of service to the children of the region. Many of them also have experience as board presidents or vice presidents in their districts.
For more information
Phone: (518) 479-6882
Fax: (518) 477-9833