The purpose of the Questar III Education Foundation Mini-Grant Program is to support program-related student needs and to provide funding for student enrichment to support the classroom that are not funded by the BOCES school budget or Extraclassroom Activities Fund. Grants are awarded from the “Other” sub-fund to individuals that meet the grant criteria.
The use of funds of the mini-grant program must be consistent with The Leading Edge and Questar III core values.
Questar III is “changing lives, realizing dreams and doing together what can’t be done alone.” This is the core of Questar III. Ultimately, we exist because our districts and students need us.
Questar III Core Values (things we put more effort into than 99% of those in the industry):
- Commitment to Excellence
- Commitment to Leadership and Service
- Commitment to Innovation
The Foundation will award a maximum of 1/6 of the sub-fund balance in mini-grants each school year, not to exceed the sub-fund balance. The maximum limit will be updated after June 30th of each year.
Applications must effectively demonstrate the following:
- The request is not already funded by the BOCES school budget or Extraclassroom Activities
- The students are in need of program-related items
The requested funds will be utilized for student enrichment within the classroom
The following must be submitted with the application:
- Detailed lesson plans
- Itemized quotes and invoices
- Verification that the requested funds are not already funded by the BOCES school budget or Extraclassroom Activities Fund
Requestors are responsible for ensuring the requests are in line with The Leading Edge and Questar III Core Values.
Requestors are responsible for ensuring that the requested funds are not already funded by the BOCES school budget or extraclassroom activities fund.
All project information and support must be included with the grant application. This includes but is not limited to detailed lesson plans and itemized quotes and invoices.
Please allow for a minimum processing time of 2 weeks from the date application is received.
Examples of appropriate funding requests:
- To purchase items that a student cannot afford but are required for the student to participate in the Questar III program – i.e. Request funding to purchase cosmetology kit for a student enrolled in the Questar III Cosmetology program.
- For student enrichment to support the classroom and – i.e. Request funding to support and expand an educational opportunity that would otherwise not be achievable through the Questar III budget or Extraclassroom Activities Fund.