Questar III’s School Improvement Department offers a diverse selection of regional and in-district courses and programs for all members of the education community. To encourage and support lifelong learning, training is offered in school districts and conference centers throughout Rensselaer, Columbia and Greene Counties, as well as online.
The services support best practices in curriculum and instruction driven by the state learning standards, assessments and current research. Professional development can be tailored to meet the specific needs of each school district and each school.
Upcoming Professional Development Opportunities
- 3/1, 6/28/17- New Principal PLC
- 3/7, 4/25, 5/25- Secondary English Regional PLC
- 3/7 - Accountability & Rigor in Primary Mathematics
- 3/9 - Formative Assessment: Half-Day Workshop for Math Teachers
- 3/22 - Middle School Science Standards Collaboration
- 3/29 - Middle School Science Standards Collaboration
- 5/2-3 - Economics & Participation in Government Assessment Revision & PLC Workgroup
- 6/26-27 - Elementary Science Standards Session 1 (Grades K-2)
- 6/28-29 - Elementary Science Standards Session 2 (Grades 3-5)
School Improvement Videos
Teaching Mathematics to 21st Century Learners
Questar III partnered with Excelsior College to develop comprehensive, online, interactive professional development for K-8 teachers. These online courses are designed to help teachers understand best practices in mathematics instruction.