Questar III’s School Improvement Department offers a diverse selection of regional and in-district courses and programs for all members of the education community. To encourage and support lifelong learning, training is offered in school districts and conference centers throughout Rensselaer, Columbia and Greene Counties, as well as online.
The services support best practices in curriculum and instruction driven by the state learning standards, assessments and current research. Professional development can be tailored to meet the specific needs of each school district and each school.
Upcoming Professional Development Opportunities
- 12/6/16- Physics Collaboration
- 12/7/16, 1/18, 3/1, 6/28/17- New Principal PLC
- 12/13/16- Using Questions to Enhance Student Engagement in Social Studies
- 1/11/17- Living Environment Collaboration
- 1/12/17- Earth Science Collaboration
- 1/13/17- Writing in Primary and Intermediate Mathematics
- 1/19/17- Accountability and Rigor in Mathematics (Grades 1-2)
- 1/24/17- Accountability and Rigor in Primary Mathematics (PreK-K)
- 1/24, 3/7, 4/25, 5/25- Secondary English Regional PLC
- 1/26-27/17- Economics and Participation in Government Assessment Revision and Professional Learning Community Workgroup
- 1/27/17- Writing in Secondary Mathematics
- 2/13/17- Strategies You Can Incorporate Into Any Course to Improve Student Meta-Cognition, Study Skills and Motivation.
School Improvement Videos
Teaching Mathematics to 21st Century Learners
Questar III partnered with Excelsior College to develop comprehensive, online, interactive professional development for K-8 teachers. These online courses are designed to help teachers understand best practices in mathematics instruction.