New Visions applications are now open!
New Visions students gain valuable insight into career options from real-world perspective. A one year, honors level program, New Visions turns area businesses, health care facilities and government buildings into classrooms for highly motivated, academically successful high school seniors.
For 3.5 hours each day, New Visions students learn and explore through mentoring, internships, interactions with professionals, group discussion and creative projects, as well as more traditional methods. New Visions students earn four high school academic credits including one credit each for English and social studies and two elective credits. They also have the opportunity to earn college credit, and the program is a proven asset on transcripts and college applications.
Questar III currently offers six New Visions programs:
- Emergency Preparedness, Informatics, Cyber and Homeland Security (EPICH) – University at Albany, Albany
- Medical – Samaritan Hospital, Troy
- Pathways in Education – University at Albany, Albany
- Scientific Research & World Health – University at Albany’s Health Sciences Campus, Rensselaer
- STEM @ RPI – Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy
- Visual & Performing Arts – The Arts Center of the Capital Region, Troy
Students in these programs have gone on to earn advanced professional degrees in medicine, the arts, science, engineering, education, or cybertechnology/homeland security. New Visions alumni have made their way to prestigious colleges across the nation, from MIT and Williams to Stanford and UC Berkley. They can be found living around the globe, from Sweden to Taiwan. Many alumni have also chosen to pursue their education and professional careers right here, learning from our outstanding local colleges and sharing their talents with the Capital Region.
These half day 12th grade programs are funded by public high schools in Rensselaer, Columbia & Green Counties, have a limited number of openings and require an application process. Students & parents interested for the 2023-2024 school year should join the New Visions Virtual Parent Information Night for the program in which they’re interested in (click link to open meeting at scheduled time):
- STEM @ RPI – Wednesday, January 11, 2023, at 6:30pm
- Meeting ID: 910 8151 7935
- Passcode: 531367
- Medical – Thursday, January 12, 2023, at 6:30pm
- Meeting ID: 976 095 8989
- Passcode: 519452
- Pathways in Education – Tuesday, January 17, 2023, at 6:30pm
- Meeting ID: 971 3420 7307
- Passcode: 317314
- Emergency Preparedness, Informatics, Cyber and Homeland Security (EPICH) – Wednesday, January 18, 2023, at 6:30pm
- Meeting ID: 940-6449-1133
- Passcode: 196643
- Visual & Performing Arts – Wednesday, January 18, 2023, at 6:30pm
- Meeting ID: 954 0076 6294
- Passcode: 295508
- Scientific Research & World Health – Thursday, January 19, 2023, at 6:30pm
- PIN: 271 961 071#
Applications are due Friday, February 10, 2023. Interviews will be held in February & March.
Stay connected to the Parent Information Night of your choice on our Facebook Events Page!