The deadline for completing the 2019 NYS School Funding Transparency Form is approaching quickly. Here are some resources to help districts complete the form:
- https://www.budget/ny.gov/schoolFunding/2019/NYS-SFT-2019-Districts.pdf – List of districts required to report in 2019-20
- https://www.budget.ny.gov/schoolFunding/index.html – All of the materials and resources available from NYS Division of Budget
- https://www.budget.ny.gov/schoolFunding/sft-vid.html – Short instructional videos
- https://www.budget.ny.gov/schoolFunding/2019/guidance-sft-2019.pdf – Includes updated screen captures and account code guidance
- https://www.budget.ny.gov/schoolFunding/2018/faq-rev-sft-2018.pdf – Updated Questions and Answers
In addition, ASBO New York has created a School Level Financial Help Desk. Members can access the Help Desk from https://www.asbonewyork.org/page/slfr.
Some tips to help with the process:
- Things take time. Whether it is getting a new password or breaking down expenses by account code and category, allow time for each step.
- If you’re not sure which codes to report where, DOB’s guidance provides comprehensive descriptions to show you where to report.
- Check for reasonableness. The formulas in the form will only calculated based on data inputted by the district.