Questar III launched a new website for the BOCES on Sept. 6. This site, designed and developed by the organization’s Communications Service, was planned in conjunction with Questar III’s 40th anniversary – commemorating the merging of the tri-county BOCES in 1977.
This marks the eighth website the department has redesigned using the WordPress content management system – moving away from software-driven web management to database-driven, responsive design. This allows for more flexibility for content and design while offering users a more streamlined experience regardless of the device they use to view the site.
New features include:
- Use of a content management system (WordPress)
- Responsive design – different mobile, tablet and desktop views
- Updated photo/video/story slider on the homepage
- Embedded video and Twitter feed on the homepage
- Instagram photo feed on the homepage
- Google Translate option
- Expanded contact form
- Rotating testimonials from students
- Email sign-up to our E-News on the homepage
- Move of the audience links (BOCES staff, school district, parents and students, and business and community) to the top and linked on every page
- Social media icons at the top – including a dropdown of other BOCES page
- Five call to action buttons on the homepage – a list of available classes and workshops and links to frequently visited pages
- Updated news section with social media share and printer-friendly options
- School pages
The launch of the website is a culmination of nearly six months of work, including research, planning, design and a content review by each department within the BOCES. This ensures the information on the website is current and relevant to BOCES staff, school district personnel, parents, students and the community.
Along with the new website, Questar III also launched an Instagram account. Follow us at instagram.com/questariii.