Career & Technical Education
Questar III’s Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs offer high school students the opportunity to learn career skills while earning a Regents diploma. The half-day programs are a great way for students to explore a variety of careers and develop specialized skills through hands-on learning and integrated academics. Programs are based at Columbia-Greene Educational Center in Hudson and Rensselaer Educational Center in Troy.
Student Support Services
Information on Center-based Programs
- Academy for Information Technology (AIT) I & II
- Automotive Technologies I & II
- Aviation I & II
- Aviation Maintenance Technology I & II
- Careers in Health Care
- Certified Nurse Aide
- Construction Technologies I & II
- Cosmetology I & II
- Criminal Justice I & II
- Culinary Arts I & II
- Green Technologies & Renewable Energy
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration I & II
- Mechanical Technology I & II
- Theatre Institute at Sage
- Welding/Metal Fabrication I/Welding/Machine Tool II
Students can also take select classes at Capital Region BOCES. Click here for a listing of programs.
Interested students should contact their high school guidance counselors for the latest information on open houses and enrollment.
Information on Career Studies
- Automotive Services I & II
- Building Trades
- Hospitality & Lodging/START
- Introduction to Employment
- Introduction to Food Services
Information on New Visions Programs
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM)
- Scientific Research & World Health
- Visual & Performing Arts
- Health Careers*
- Law & Government*
For New Visions application instructions, click here.
*Available through Capital Region BOCES.
Questar III partners with various employers, colleges, labor unions, government and human service providers to prepare a 21st century workforce. Learn more...