Career & Technical Education
Questar III’s Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs offer high school students the opportunity to learn career skills while earning a Regents diploma. The half-day programs are a great way for students to explore a variety of careers and develop specialized skills through hands-on learning and integrated academics. Programs are based at Columbia-Greene Educational Center in Hudson and Rensselaer Educational Center in Troy.
Student Support Services
Information on Center-based Programs
- Academy for Information Technology (AIT) I & II
- Automotive Technologies I & II
- Aviation I & II
- Aviation Maintenance Technology I & II
- Certified Nurse Aide
- Construction Technologies I & II
- Cosmetology I & II
- Criminal Justice I & II
- Culinary Arts I & II
- HVAC & Renewable Energies I & II
- Welding/Metal Fabrication I/Welding/Machine Tool II
Information on Career Studies
- Automotive Services I & II
- Building Trades
- Career Exploration
- Hospitality & Lodging/START
- Introduction to Employment
- Introduction to Food Services
Information on New Visions Programs
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Scientific Research & World Health
- Visual & Performing Arts
- Health Careers*
- Law & Government*
Information on Satellite CTE Programs for Seniors
- Alternative Energy & Clean Manufacturing Technologies at Rensselaer High School
- Media Communications at Catskill High School - will be discontinued in 2016-17
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) at SUNY Polytechnic Institute
- Theatre Institute at Sage
Students must apply for the New Visions, STEM/SUNY Poly and Theater Institute programs. Click here for application instructions.
Students can also take select classes at Capital Region BOCES*. Click here for a listing of programs.
Interested students should contact their high school guidance counselors for the latest information on open houses and enrollment.
Questar III partners with various employers, colleges, labor unions, government and human service providers to prepare a 21st century workforce. Learn more...