The position serves a dual role – acting as the representative of the Commissioner of Education and Chief Executive Officer of the Questar III Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES).
As the Commissioner’s representative, the District Superintendent is responsible for providing strong leadership within the supervisory district and bringing local school district concerns to the attention of state leaders.
As CEO of the BOCES, the District Superintendent leads the organization in the development, implementation and provision of programs and services provided at the request of the component districts and serving districts across New York State.
Gladys I. Cruz is the District Superintendent of
Questar III. Cruz is well-known across the region and state. Over a 30-year span, she has established a distinguished career as a teacher and education leader. Since joining Questar III in 1998, Cruz has served in a number of leadership positions including chief operating officer/deputy superintendent, assistant superintendent, director of school improvement and BETAC specialist. Read more...
In the news:
- What I Read This Summer
- Celebrating Accomplishments and Looking Ahead
- 2016 Administrative Budget and New Programs
- Perform, Assess and Improve
- Hands-On Learning and Partnerships
- Working Together to Fund Schools
- Reflection and Direction
- Reviewing Our Programs
- The Power of Mentoring
- Recognize the Potential
- Preparing for the New Year
- Working together to improve results
- Questar III named a top workplace
- Board appoints Gladys Cruz